Would you like to work with patients and become an important part of the medical team?
To learn more, call PIHT today at 724-437-4600 or Request Information.
Pennsylvania Institute of Health and Technology is enrolling students for it’s Uniontown medical assisting program from Uniontown, PA and surrounding areas!
Registered Medical Assistants* are caring people who help patients feel better. If this sounds like you, medical assisting could be your dream career!
Become a Registered Medical Assistant and work with doctors, nurses, and other medical professionals to help examine and treat patients. You will also be trained to work as a medical office administrator, so you can work in various medical office settings.
In this program you will learn how to:
- Take a patient's vital signs (such as blood pressure, temperature, and pulse)
- Assist a doctor or nurse with physical exams
- Check a patient's vision
- Collect medical specimens
- Check a patient's blood-sugar level
- Perform certain lab tests
- Draw a patient's blood
- Sterilize medical equipment to kill germs
- Assist with simple surgeries
- Give injections (shots)
- Do certain heart tests
With your Specialized Associate Degree, you could:
- Manage a doctor's office
- Assist with dialysis for patients with kidney problems
- Work as a phlebotomist, or someone who draws blood
- Work as an assistant for a chiropractor
- Work as an assistant in a pharmacy
- Work in a hospital scheduling patients and working with patient records
You will also learn how to run a medical office. You will:
- Work with insurance companies
- Manage an office
- Schedule appointments for patients
- Use computers to do office tasks
- Understand medical terms
- Transcribe (write out) a doctor's notes
- Understand patient privacy issues
“I love that it was very thorough here, so when I went into my job, I was prepared. ”
“It was difficult to start over, and they made it quite easy. They were very supportive. They were here if I needed to talk to somebody.”
“I don’t feel like I am just coming here for classes. I feel like I’m coming here for a job. ”
“My overall experience at PIHT has been far more than what I expected it to be.”
“It’s a great experience and will give you the confidence and knowledge to pursue whatever career you are going for.”
“I actually was hired prior to even graduating, because of my educational skills and clinical skills.”
Externships and Certifications
As one of our Medical Assisting students you will complete an externship as part of your program. This on-the-job training allows you to apply the skills you’ve learned in the real world with real people. This experience is invaluable and also allows you to showcase your skills to employers in your area who hire medical assistants. Not only does our Medical Assisting program prepare you to be job ready, but it’s also designed to prepare you for certification exams which can strengthen your appeal in the job market. Some of the certifications our students can choose to take include:
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant
- Certified EKC/ECG Technician
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician
Registered Medical Assistants are an important part of the medical team. You’ll dress in a medical uniform, have a career you love and be able to achieve financial security. To learn more about the program, call PIHT today at 724-437-4600 or Request Information.